CALGARY-BASED CONSULTING FIRM SPECIALIZING IN RESPONSIBLE RISK MANAGEMENT®
Call 1.877.896.7292 / 403.289.2292
WHAT WE DO
Effective management of risk across business units by assessing internal and external risks from inception to project completion for:
Government (all levels)
Oil and Gas
CURRENT DECISION ANALYTICS DO NOT WORK
On January 2015 Canadian Energy Research Institute (CERI) predicted,
“Between 2014 and 2038, Alberta oilsands investment, re-investment and operating revenues will contribute an estimated $3.87 trillion to the Canadian gross domestic product (GDP), says a new study from the Canadian Energy Research Institute (CERI). Oilsands production (upgraded and non-graded) over that period is forecast to grow to 3.7 million bbls/d by 2020 and 5.2 million bbls/d by 2030, according to the report on the Canadian economic impacts of oilsands development in Alberta”.
But wait, “the ‘low oil’ case costs us [Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp] over $7 billion in lost profits.” Alberta’s current troubles stem from a collapse in oil and natural-gas prices. Provincial energy royalties are reduced to a fraction of last year’s GDP. In fact, contrary to the optimistic predictions oil prices have plummeted from more than $115 (U.S.) a barrel in June, 2014, to as low as $20. The sudden decline in Alberta’s economy was not predicted.
Falling oil prices have led to mass layoffs. How could they have been so wrong?
Source: Financial Post. March 2016. Oil price collapse could cost CMHC $7 billion a year in lost profits. Accessed May 21, 2016, from http://bit.ly/1RiCUlI
Decision makers get poor results because a data set is missing.
New metrics are needed.
We Quantify Qualitative Risk Factors for deeper analytyics.
Higher data representation than traditional or Enterprise Risk Management.
Robust analysis provides increased confidence in the projections realized.
- 50% more data is analyzed to increase accuracy and reliability in each risk assessment for RESPONSIBLE RISK MANAGEMENT®.
- Qualitative risk assessments are more meaningful with comparable analysis to reduce uncertainty for stronger risk mitigation.
- Provision of independent third-party validation of business or project activities where we identify, assess and manage risk to reduce penalties, disruption in services or equipment failure and to minimize human error.
RESP-ROI® is the acronym for RESPONSIBLE ROI® defined as:
- R = Responsible Risk Management® to mitigate risk;
- E = Environmental stewardship to increase efficiency in energy and industry;
- S = Sustainable growth for responsible resource allocation and utilization; and
- P = Process risk management across all business units in a cost-effective manner.
A well-coordinated risk management plan can be scaled to help prepare for your future or current project.